Posted by Mickey B.
“Is my hair damaged?” is a common question for stylists at Michael Anthony Salon this time of year. Following the cold months encompassing heaters and dry air, combined with constant blow drying, curling or flat ironing the hair, and even hot showers, your tresses could use some love when Spring arrives.
Signs of Damaged Hair
Here are a few things that you should be looking at to determine the health of your hair. If any of these signs of hair damage are present, then you should talk with your hair stylist about the treatment options that are available to strengthen your hair:
- Color fades rapidly after treatment
- The hair is very matted and spongy when wet
- It is easily broken
- The hair feels brittle and dry when you touch it
- Your hair is overly porous
- You can see and feel a rough texture to the hair
These signs of damage usually occur because of the things that you are doing to your hair. Chemical processes and heat can work to weaken the protein bonds. When the hair shaft is over-extended and worn down, it is more susceptible to breakage and uneven texture.
How to Fix Damaged Hair
- Be proactive with your hair care treatments in order to avoid more problems in the future.
- Be selective about the types of hair care products that you are using at home. High-quality shampoo and conditioner will nourish and protect the health of your hair.
- Be careful about the styling tools and other products that you are using on your hair. You want to avoid anything that might cause the hair damage to get worse.
Your hair stylist is your best source of information and advice. He or she knows your hair and will recommend the best treatments and products to revive and strengthen your hair.
Your hair is your most important feature – you wear it every day! At Michael Anthony Salon, we’re here to help you maintain healthy, beautiful hair.
Enjoy your hair!
Michael Anthony Salon DC is considered by many to be the best in the entire DC metro region. We are passionate about doing hair and work with each and every client to create a look that is right for them. Led by Mickey – aka Michael Anthony – each of our stylists is a highly trained professional. Schedule an appointment and find out for yourself!