Thank you to everyone for all of the encouragement and support, both while we were closed and during the past two years.
We are currently following the DC Vaccine Verification Guidelines for Businesses. All clients 12 years old and older must provide documentation of the initial round of COVID-19 vaccination (one shot of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two shots of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines). CDC vaccine cards, electronic photos of vaccine cards, electronic apps, and other similar paper or electronic documentation are accepted.
Those 18 years old and older also need to provide photo identification.
Those with a medical or religious exemption must provide documentation of the exemption along with documentation of a negative COVID-19 test conducted within 24 hours of an appointment. We only accept tests with documentation of when the test was conducted.
We offer the option to provide documentation electronically in advance and to keep on file at the salon. Those that opt not to keep on file must provide documentation on each visit.
At this time, we continue to require everyone to wear a mask while in the salon.
When we make changes, we take into consideration the latest science, updated public health guidelines, the comfort of both staff and clients, the limited physical space, and the requirement for personal contact as part of our services. Any change we make will be updated on this page.
We are gradually increasing the number of people allowed in the salon at one time, but we continue to have our own limits and are not at full capacity. We do have a waiting area again, but with limited seating. Further cautious and incremental changes will be made as conditions change.
We will continue to require everyone coming into the salon to follow whatever current CDC and District of Columbia guidelines are regarding self-quarantining or self-isolating for such reasons as possible COVID-19 exposure, recent travel, etc. Current CDC information can be found at cdc.gov/coronavirus and District of Columbia guidelines can be found at coronavirus.dc.gov.
Our detailed set of guidelines for clients is below and we encourage you to review them prior to visiting the salon.
Due to the current guidelines in place, we continue to be limited in our flexibility for booking. However, we still have expanded hours and are keeping an active waitlist.
For making appointments, you may call the salon, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or use our website to either Book It Yourself or Request an Appointment. The fastest way to book is to use the Book It Yourself button, which allows you to choose a specific date, time, stylist, and service(s).
We strongly encourage you to use the waitlist if you cannot find the time you want. The easiest way to be added to the waitlist is to send an email to email@example.com. You can always book a later appointment and request to be on the waitlist for earlier dates.
If you are on the waitlist, please watch your email and please be patient. When a time becomes available for you, we will send a time-sensitive email offering you an appointment time. Be sure to check junk mail/spam folders, as emails will require a time-sensitive reply.
We very much look forward to seeing you. We thank you for your patience as we continue to adjust to current circumstances.
Michael Anthony Salon Client Expectations & Guidelines
(Updated February 14, 2022)
While we cannot eliminate all possible risks inherent with public space and contact during services, our goal is to minimize the possible risks, provide for social distancing as much as possible in our limited space, and adhere to recommended guidelines. The rules below are in place for the safety of both our clients and our staff.
The salon and its staff will make a good-faith effort to minimize risks at the salon, including following any public safety guidelines and regulations. The salon is following the District of Columbia’s Vaccine Verification Guidelines. Any client receiving services at the salon does so with the understanding there are inherent risks involved with COVID-19 and other contagious diseases in an indoor, public space.
Beyond adhering to regular and standard common-sense hygiene practices, we have implemented the following practices:
Please do not come to the salon if:
- You have (or had within the past day) a fever, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and/or any other symptoms of having Coronavirus or any other casually contagious disease or illness.
- You have been advised to quarantine, self-isolate, or limit daily activities by any medical professionals, public health professionals, and/or government authorities.
- You are subject to self-quarantine and/or limiting of daily activities requirements under the current District of Columbia Travel Advisory due to recent travel. Further information, testing protocols, vaccine exemptions, and an updated list of states included can be found at Coronavirus.dc.gov.
- Please note that cancellation penalties will not apply under such circumstances provided we are contacted in a timely and reasonable manner.
- We ask that you contact us if, after you have been to the salon:
- You receive a positive COVID-19 test and may have unknowingly carried the virus into the salon.
Requirements for receiving services:
- Temperature checks will be completed using non-touch thermometers.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Verification for all clients 12 years old and older. As of February 15, 2022, the initial round of COVID-19 vaccination is required (one shot of Johnson & Johnson Vaccine or two shots of either the Pfizer Vaccine or Moderna Vaccine) unless a client has a medical or religious exemption.
- Those with a medical or religious exemption must provide documentation of the exemption and documentation of a negative COVID-19 test conducted within 24 hours of an appointment. Only tests done by a professional with documentation of when conducted are accepted.
- Photo ID check for all clients 18 years old and older.
- Face masks are required to be worn while in the salon.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided and must be used upon entry, OR
- Immediate handwashing will be required.
- When you arrive:
- A staff member will check you in. The staff member will check your temperature and any required vaccine verification documentation. Hand sanitizer and any paperwork to fill-out will be provided.
- Vaccine information and photo ID must be presented for each visit unless a client opts to have the information kept on file. Clients may submit information online prior to an appointment.
- We will provide direction on where to proceed for services.
- If you arrive early, feel free to check if we are ready for you. If a stylist is running off-schedule, we will do our best to contact you in advance.
- Please note, we have a limited waiting area. You may need to wait outside until we are ready for your services.
- We have removed candy, magazines, phone charges, and other non-essential items. Please come with your own book, magazine, and/or a charged phone. We still provide complimentary Wi-Fi.
- The salon will not offer drinks (coffee, tea, soda, etc.) during this time
- Please be mindful of social distancing from other clients and staff members.
- We are still limiting the number of people in the salon at one time. Please adhere to any guidance from staff.
- When using the stairs or hallway to the bathroom, we ask that everyone be courteous and wait for someone else coming in the opposite direction before proceeding.
- Please contact us if you are running late. If you arrive late to your appointment, we may not be able to provide some or all services as scheduled. Stylists will have limited flexibility due to the limits on clients in the salon at one time.
- Please be patient. We continue to limit the number of people in the salon at any one time. On occasion, this may cause delays – the salon will do its best to keep everyone within a reasonable distance, while serving everyone as best as possible.
- Clients may use cash, but only with exact change. The salon is currently not keeping cash on hand to provide change or exchange small bills for large bills. We can accept payment, including gratuities, by check, credit card, and other electronic means.
Before you arrive
- If you used home hair color and/or had any color or chemical services elsewhere, please let us know.
- Do not worry – we will not judge. We do need to know so we can serve you best. Please note, if color corrections are involved, we recommend alerting the salon ahead of time as we may be limited on what can be done during the scheduled appointment time.
- Services will only be provided in the time booked for your appointment.
- Stylists are not allowed to add-on services or complete longer services that were not scheduled if they would then delay other clients.
- Stylists will have less flexibility due to the limits on the number of clients in the salon at one time.
- Watch your email – if anything should change to schedules, either for the business or an individual stylist, we will provide you with as much notice as possible. We have a strict policy that no one can come to work if feeling ill or potentially contagious illness or disease.
- We encourage making appointments when checking out. You may also book online, over the phone, or by email.
Other General Policies and Safety Measures for the Salon
- We are limiting people in the salon to employees working, clients with appointments, and others with business purposes for being in the salon that cannot be done outside or off-premises. Besides caregivers or similarly necessary people, we ask that clients not bring friends, children, etc. who are not getting serviced. If concerned about this, please contact the salon to discuss.
- Suspending any services involving facial contact until further notice (such as beard trims, makeup, and facial waxing services)
- Limiting nonessential physical contact.
- Hand sanitizer and gloves are available for client and employee use.
- Strictly enforcing our rules for both staff and clients regarding staying out of the salon if sick and/or potentially contagious.
- Should a stylist be out sick or choose to stay home, we will contact clients with appointments as quickly as possible.
- Keeping windows open when appropriate and use of UV equipment and air purifiers to keep the air space clean.
We will continue to monitor the latest advisories on the virus and take additional measures and make necessary adjustments, as needed. Everyone’s health and safety come first.
Michael Anthony Salon