Thank you to everyone for all of the encouragement and support, both while we were closed and during the reopening process. If you have not been in yet, we can’t wait to see you in person!
Clients coming to the salon will notice several changes we have in place for everyone’s safety and to comply with District of Columbia guidelines. An updated set of guidelines for clients is below and we encourage you to review them prior to visiting the salon.
Please note, both the CDC and District of Columbia have revised several guidelines and may make further changes. This includes rules for coming in contact with someone with COVID-19 and travel rules for the District of Columbia. We will continue to try to update our guidelines accordingly, but everyone coming into the salon should be following whatever current CDC and District of Columbia rules might be. CDC information can be
found at cdc.gov/coronavirus and District of Columbia guidelines can be found at coronavirus.dc.gov.
Due to the current guidelines in place, we are more limited in our flexibility for booking. However, we have expanded our hours and are keeping an active waitlist.
For making appointments, you may call the salon, email us at info@michaelanthonysalondc.
We strongly encourage you to use the waitlist if you cannot find the time you want. The easiest way to be added to the waitlist is to send an email to info@michaelanthonysalondc.
If you are on the waitlist, please watch your email and please be patient. When a time becomes available for you, we will send a time-sensitive email offering you an appointment time. Be sure to check junk mail/spam folders, as emails will require a time-sensitive reply.
We very much look forward to seeing everyone. We thank you for your patience as we continue to adjust to current circumstances.
Michael Anthony Salon Client Expectations/Guidelines (Updated March 17, 2021)
While we cannot eliminate all possible risks inherent with public space and contact during services, our goal is to minimize the possible risks, provide for social distancing (besides when receiving services), and adhere to recommended guidelines. The rules below are in place for the safety of both our clients and our staff.
If anyone is uncomfortable coming in during this crisis, we understand and ask that you let us know in advance.
While the salon and its staff will make a good-faith effort to minimize risks at the salon, including following public safety guidelines and regulations, any client receiving services at the salon does so with the understanding there are inherent risks involved with Coronavirus and other contagious diseases in an indoor, public space.
Beyond adhering to regular and standard common-sense hygiene practices, we are also implementing the following practices:
Requirements for Clients
Visiting the salon
- Staff members and other clients may have compromised immune systems, so it is very important to do our best to provide a healthy environment.
Please do not come to the salon if:
– You have (or had within the past day) a fever, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and/or any other symptoms of having Coronavirus or any other casually contagious disease or illness.
– You have been advised to quarantine or self-isolate, or limit daily activities, due to possible exposure to Coronavirus, by any medical professionals, public health professionals, and/or government authorities.
– You are subject to self quarantine and/or limiting of daily activities requirements under the current District of Columbia Travel Advisory due to travel outside of Maryland, Virginia, or the District within the last 10 days. Further information, testing protocols, vaccine exemptions, and an updated list of states included can be found at coronavirus.dc.gov.
– Please note that cancellation penalties will not apply under such circumstances provided we are contacted in a timely and reasonable manner.
We ask that you contact us if, after you have been to the salon:
- You receive a positive Coronavirus test and may have unknowingly carried the virus into the salon.
Please note that before/upon entrance to the salon:
- Temperature checks will be completed using non-touch thermometers.
- Face masks are required to be worn while in the salon.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided and must be used upon entry, OR
- Immediate hand washing will be required.
When you arrive:
- Please ring the doorbell or call (202) 506-3609. The front door will be kept locked from the outside. We will advise you if we are ready for you or not.
- When we are ready for you to come in the door will be unlocked for you (either remotely or by a staff member).
- A staff member will either meet you at the front door or the top of the stairs to check you in. The first page of this form must be properly signed in some manner, a temperature check will be done, face mask must be on properly, and hand sanitizer will be provided.
- We will provide direction on where to proceed for services.
- If you arrive early, feel free to check if we are ready for you. If a stylist is running off-schedule, we will do our best to contact you in advance.
– Please note, we will no longer have a waiting area for clients. Clients must wait outside until we are ready for your services.
– We have removed candy, magazines, phone chargers, and other non-essential items. Please come with your own book, magazine, and/or a charged phone. We still provide complimentary Wi-Fi.
– The salon will not offer drinks (coffee, tea, soda, etc.) during this time.
- Refrain from unnecessary personal contact, such as handshaking, hugs, etc.
- Please be mindful of social distancing from other clients and staff members.
– We are limiting the number of people in the salon at one time. Please adhere to any guidance from staff. By DC regulations, only one client per stylist can be in the salon at once.
– When using the stairs or the hallway to the bathroom, we ask that everyone be courteous and wait for someone else coming in the opposite direction before proceeding.
– Please contact us if you are running late. If you arrive late to your appointment, we may not be able to provide some or all services as scheduled. Stylists will have less flexibility due to the limits on clients in the salon at one time.
- Please be patient. We must limit the number of people in the salon at any one time. On occasion, this may cause delays – the salon will do its best to keep everyone within an acceptable distance, while serving everyone as best as possible.
- If purchasing products during an appointment, please ask for assistance with products on the shelf. Please do not touch products on the shelf – we are happy to assist you.
- Clients may use cash, but only with exact change. The salon will no longer be able to provide change or exchange large bills for small bills. We can accept payment, including gratuities, by check, credit card, and other electronic means.
Before you arrive
- If you used home hair color and/or had any color or chemical services elsewhere, please let us know.
Do not worry – we will not judge. We do need to know so we can serve you best. Please note, if color corrections are involved, we recommend alerting the salon ahead of time as we may be limited on what can be done during the scheduled appointment time.
- Services will only be provided in the time booked for your appointment.
– Stylists are not allowed to add-on services or complete longer services that were not scheduled that would then delay other clients.
– Stylists will have less flexibility due to the limits on the number of clients in the salon at one time.
- Please limit personal belongings when coming to the salon as areas for storage, including coat hanging, will be limited.
- Watch your email – if anything should change to schedules, either for the business or an individual stylist, we will provide you with as much notice as possible. We have a strict policy that no one can come to work if feeling ill or potentially contagious.
- We encourage making appointments when checking out. You may also book online, over the phone, or by email. We cannot allow people without appointments to come into the salon.
- If coming to the salon to purchase products only, do not come inside. We will meet you outside. Please call in advance to order and pay.
- Clients may use cash, but only with exact change. The salon will no longer be able to provide change or exchange large bills for small bills. Payments can be made with checks, credit card, and other electronic means.
Requirements for Staff
- Required temperature checks when coming into the salon and as needed through the day. With any signs of potential illness staff members will go home.
- Must have normal temperature for 24 hours before returning to work.
- Always wear a mask while in the salon except when eating or drinking in employee-only
- Advised to wear a face shield or goggles when working with a client for 15 minutes or longer.
- Keep social distance whenever possible from other clients and staff.
- Wipe down chairs between each client and regularly disinfect high traffic areas.
- Thoroughly wash hands between each client.
- All gloves, tools and capes used that touch clients must be changed and/or cleaned and disinfected between each client. This includes cutting capes, towels, brushes, combs, clippers, flat irons, etc.
- All employees must follow recommended public health guidelines when out of the salon – social distancing, mask wearing, avoiding large gatherings or places where crowding may occur, etc.
- All employees are encouraged to be vaccinated for COVID-19 once they qualify.
General Policies and Safety Measures for the Salon
- When open, we are adjusting schedules so that we will have no more than four stylists working in the salon at any given time. This will reduce the total number of people (employees and clients) in the salon at once and allow for more distance between clients. Stations have been set at least 6-feet from each other, with plastic barriers in between stations, but we cannot guarantee absolute social-distancing while in the salon.
- We are limiting people in the salon to employees working, clients with appointments, and others with business purposes for being in the salon that cannot be done outside or off-premises. Besides caregivers or similarly necessary people, we ask that clients not bring friends, children, etc. who are not getting serviced. If concerned about this, please contact the salon to discuss.
- Suspending any services involving facial contact until further notice (such as beard trims, makeup, and facial waxing services).
- Enhancing our own high standards for keeping all tools, materials, and areas of the salon clean and sanitized.
- No nonessential physical contact.
- Removing unnecessary communal items, such as candy, magazines, and complimentary phone chargers.
- Hand sanitizer and gloves are available for client and employee use.
- Strictly enforcing our rules for both staff and clients regarding staying out of the salon if sick and/or potentially contagious.
- Should a stylist be out sick or choose to stay home, we will contact clients with appointments as quickly as possible.
- Keeping windows open when appropriate and use of UV equipment and air purifiers to keep the space clean.
We will continue to monitor the latest advisories on the virus and take additional measures and make necessary adjustments, as needed. Everyone’s health and safety come first.
Michael Anthony Salon