Update: January 12th
Effective January 15th, we will be implementing the District of Columbia vaccine requirements for anyone 12 years or older receiving services at the salon.
Verification of at least one vaccine shot will be required starting January 15th. Alternatively, verification of a medical or religious exemption will be required along with a negative COVID test conducted within 24 hours of an appointment.
We are in the process of updating our guidelines below to reflect the new rules.
Update: December 21, 2021
Thank you to everyone for all of the encouragement and support, both while we were closed and during the last year. If you have not been in yet, we cannot wait to see you in person!
As circumstances and public health guidelines change, we continue to review our own guidelines. While many restrictions and mandates from the government have been lifted, we are taking a cautious approach.
When we make changes, we take into consideration the latest science, the comfort of both staff and clients, the limited physical space, and the requirement for personal contact as part of our services.
At this time, we are still requiring everyone to wear a mask while in the salon.
We are gradually increasing the number of people allowed in the salon at one time, but we continue to have our own limits and are not at full capacity. We do have a waiting area again, but with limited seating. Further cautious and incremental changes will be made as conditions change.
We will continue to require everyone coming into the salon to follow whatever current CDC and District of Columbia guidelines are regarding self-quarantining or self-isolating for such reasons as possible COVID-19 exposure, recent travel, etc. Current CDC information can be found at cdc.gov/coronavirus and District of Columbia guidelines can be found at coronavirus.dc.gov..
Our current set of guidelines for clients is below and we encourage you to review them prior to visiting the salon.
Due to the current guidelines in place, we continue to be limited in our flexibility for booking. However, we still have expanded hours and are keeping an active waitlist.
For making appointments, you may call the salon, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or use our website to either Book It Yourself or Request an Appointment. The fastest way to book is to use the Book It Yourself button, which allows you to choose a specific date, time, stylist, and service(s).
We strongly encourage you to use the waitlist if you cannot find the time you want. The easiest way to be added to the waitlist is to send an email to email@example.com. You can always book a later appointment and request to be on the waitlist for earlier dates.
If you are on the waitlist, please watch your email and please be patient. When a time becomes available for you, we will send a time-sensitive email offering you an appointment time. Be sure to check junk mail/spam folders, as emails will require a time-sensitive reply.
We very much look forward to seeing you. We thank you for your patience as we continue to adjust to current circumstances.
Michael Anthony Salon Client Expectations and Guidelines (Updated Dec 21, 2021)
While we cannot eliminate all possible risks inherent with public space and contact during services, our goal is to minimize the possible risks, provide for social distancing (besides when receiving services), and adhere to recommended guidelines. The rules below are in place for the safety of both our clients and our staff.
While the salon and its staff will make a good-faith effort to minimize risks at the salon, including following public safety guidelines and regulations, any client receiving services at the salon does so with the understanding there are inherent risks involved with COVID-19 and other contagious diseases in an indoor, public space.
Beyond adhering to regular and standard common-sense hygiene practices, we have implemented the following practices:
Requirements for Clients
Please do not come to the salon if:
- You have (or had within the past day) a fever, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and/or any other symptoms of having Coronavirus or any other casually contagious disease or illness.
- You have been advised to quarantine or self-isolate, or limit daily activities, due to possible exposure to Coronavirus, by any medical professionals, public health professionals, and/or government authorities.
- You are subject to self quarantine and/or limiting of daily activities requirements under the current District of Columbia Travel Advisory due to travel outside of Maryland, Virginia, or the District within the last 10 days. Further information, testing protocols, vaccine exemptions, and an updated list of states included can be found at coronavirus.dc.gov.
- Please note that cancellation penalties will not apply under such circumstances provided we are contacted in a timely and reasonable manner.
We ask that you contact us if, after you have been to the salon:
- Temperature checks will be completed using non-touch thermometers.
- Face masks are still required to be worn while in the salon.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided and must be used upon entry, OR
- Immediate hand washing will be required.
When you arrive:
- If the door is locked, please ring the doorbell or call (202) 506-3609. The front door may be locked from the outside in order to limit the number of people in the salon at once. If this is the case, we will advise you if we are ready for you or not. Please be sure to dress appropriately in case you have to wait outside (we do have umbrellas available in the case of rain).
- When we are ready for you to come in the door will be unlocked for you (either remotely or by a staff member).
- A staff member will either meet you at the front door or the top of the stairs to check you in. A temperature check will be done, face mask must be on properly, hand sanitizer will be provided and any paperwork to be filled out will be provided.
- We will provide direction on where to proceed for services.
- If you arrive early, feel free to check if we are ready for you. If a stylist is running off-schedule, we will do our best to contact you in advance.
– Please note, we will no longer have a waiting area. You may need to wait outside until we are ready for your services.
– We have removed candy, magazines, phone chargers, and other non-essential items. Please come with your own book, magazine, and/or a charged phone. We still provide complimentary Wi-Fi.
– The salon will not offer drinks (coffee, tea, soda, etc.) during this time.
- Refrain from unnecessary personal contact, such as handshaking, hugs, etc.
- Please be mindful of social distancing from other clients and staff members.
– We are still limiting the number of people in the salon at one time. Please adhere to any guidance from staff.
– When using the stairs or the hallway to the bathroom, we ask that everyone be courteous and wait for someone else coming in the opposite direction before proceeding.
– Please contact us if you are running late. If you arrive late to your appointment, we may not be able to provide some or all services as scheduled. Stylists will have less flexibility due to the limits on clients in the salon at one time.
- Please be patient. We continue to limit the number of people in the salon at any one time. On occasion, this may cause delays – the salon will do its best to keep everyone within an acceptable distance while serving everyone as best as possible.
- Clients may use cash, but only with exact change. The salon is currently not keeping cash on hand to provide change or exchange large bills for small bills. We can accept payment, including gratuities, by check, credit card, and other electronic means.
Before you arrive
- If you used home hair color and/or had any color or chemical services elsewhere, please let us know.
– Do not worry – we will not judge. We do need to know so we can serve you best. Please note, if color corrections are involved, we recommend alerting the salon ahead of time as we may be limited on what can be done during the scheduled appointment time.
- Services will only be provided in the time booked for your appointment.
– Stylists are not allowed to add-on services or complete longer services that were not scheduled that would then delay other clients.
– Stylists will have less flexibility due to the limits on the number of clients in the salon at one time.
- Please limit personal belongings when coming to the salon as areas for storage, including coat hanging, will be limited.
- You receive a positive COVID-19 test and may have unknowingly carried the virus into the salon.
- Watch your email – if anything should change to schedules, either for the business or an individual stylist, we will provide you with as much notice as possible. We have a strict policy that no one can come to work if feeling ill or potentially contagious illness or disease.
- We encourage making appointments when checking out. You may also book online, over the phone, or by email. We cannot allow people without appointments to come into the salon.
General Policies and Safety Measures for the Salon
- We are limiting people in the salon to employees working, clients with appointments, and others with business purposes for being in the salon that cannot be done outside or off-premises. Besides caregivers or similarly necessary people, we ask that clients not bring friends, children, etc. who are not getting serviced. If concerned about this, please contact the salon to discuss.
- Suspending any services involving facial contact until further notice (such as beard trims, makeup, and facial waxing services).
- No nonessential physical contact.
- Hand sanitizer and gloves are available for client and employee use.
- Strictly enforcing our rules for both staff and clients regarding staying out of the salon if sick and/or potentially contagious.
- Should a stylist be out sick or choose to stay home, we will contact clients with appointments as quickly as possible.
- Keeping windows open when appropriate and use of UV equipment and air purifiers to keep the space clean.
We will continue to monitor the latest advisories on the virus and take additional measures and make necessary adjustments, as needed. Everyone’s health and safety come first.
Michael Anthony Salon