Michael Anthony Salon is located on Capitol Hill in Washington DC at Eastern Market. This small five-chair salon has gained a big following and has been winning awards annually since opening in 2009. Owner and master stylist, Mickey Bolek, leads a team of talented styling professionals and committed support staff. The standards are high and expectations of staff regarding skill, professionalism, and excellent customer service are reflected in those standards. That said, the atmosphere is fun, relaxed, and one that keeps loyal clients coming back and referring their friends.
Front Desk Assistant
Ideal candidates will have:
- Salon or front–desk experience scheduling appointments for multiple stylists/staff.
- Salon experience a plus, but experience in other fields with similar duties will be considered
- Fantastic sales and customer service skills for clients
- Strong character – honesty and good work ethic a must.
- Proficient computer skills, including decent typing speed and ability to problem-solve basic computer functions
- An exceptional eye for detail, especially for time scheduling, numbers, and names
- An open, friendly and sociable disposition – must be able to make clients feel welcome and comfortable.
Duties include (but may not be limited to) answering phones, scheduling appointments, greeting and checking-in clients, sales of products, assisting stylists with their schedules, data entry, checking-out clients, stocking shelves, moderate cleaning and upkeep of common areas, and other duties, as assigned.
The Front Desk Assistant is the first person clients see when they arrive and the last person they see when they leave – as well as the person they talk to on the phone. Big smiles, eye contact, a friendly personality, and a positive can-do attitude are a must!
Metro-accessible location, hourly salary based on experience, along with some benefits (including complimentary hair services!).
NOTE: This is not a career ladder to a stylist position; aspiring stylists and cosmetology students should not apply. This is an employment opportunity for someone with great support staff skills and abilities, who can do this work capably as a valued and valuable member of the Michael Anthony Salon team.
Interested applicants may email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our online job application here. Please send resume and professional cover letter/email including wage requirements and/or most recent earnings. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
We welcome inquiries from qualified and interested candidates. If this describes you, please reply and tell us why you are interested in this opportunity, and describe your qualifications. All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Additional information may be required upon scheduling an interview.