Per the Order issued by Mayor Bowser on March 24, 2020, for “non-essential” business, we will be closed from March 26 to April 24. Should this change, we will update this page. We look forward to reopening and seeing everyone on April 25.
When we have been open during the Coronavirus/COVID-19 crisis, we have implemented the precautions below for the health of our staff and clients. We will continue to evaluate the situation, listening to various authorities and experts, and make any adjustments, as needed.
While we cannot eliminate all possible risks inherent with public space and contact during services, our goal is to minimize the possible risks and provide for social distancing (besides when receiving services). If anyone is uncomfortable coming in during this crisis, we understand and just ask that you let us know in advance.
Beyond adhering to regular and standard common-sense hygiene practices, we are also implementing the following practices:
- When open, we are adjusting schedules so that we will have no more than three stylists working in the salon at any given time. This will reduce the total number of people (employees and clients) in the salon at once and allow for more distance between clients. While we cannot guarantee the number of people will remain below 10 in the salon at any given time, this will help us keep the number at 10 or below for most times. Those with appointments needing to be rescheduled will be contacted.
- We are limiting people in the salon to employees working, clients getting services and/or products, and others with business purposes for being in the salon. Besides caregivers or similarly necessary people, we ask that clients not bring friends, children, etc. who are not getting serviced. If concerns about this, please contact the salon to discuss.
- If coming to the salon to purchase products only, we are happy to meet you outside. Please call or e-mail in advance to order and pay – we can then meet you outside with your products ready-to-go.
- Suspending any services involving facial contact until further notice (such as beard trims, makeup, and facial waxing services)
- Temporarily using disposable cups instead of reusable cups for coffee, tea, and water provided at the salon
- Enhancing our own high standards for keeping tools used and all areas of the salon clean and sanitized.
- Refraining from handshakes, hugs, and other nonessential physical contact.
- Removing unnecessary communal items, such as candy, magazines and complimentary phone chargers. Please come with your own book, magazine, and/or a charged phone.
- Strictly enforcing our rules for both staff and clients regarding staying out of the salon if sick and/or potentially contagious.
- For the health and safety of our staff and other clients, please call us to reschedule your appointment if you are sick, self-quarantining, and/or potentially contagious. Cancellation penalties will not apply under such circumstances.
- Should a stylist be out sick or choose to stay home, we will contact clients with appointments as quickly as possible.
We will continue to monitor the latest advisories on the virus and take additional measures, as needed. Everyone’s health and safety come first.
Michael Anthony Salon